Rosie Guest, CMO of Apex Group, joined the fintech company when there were 300 employees and no marketing structure.
Fast forward seven years, and she now leads a team that's part of an 8,000-person company, that has endured 21 acquisitions in four years, and that has become one of the biggest asset management companies in the world.
A lot has changed for Rosie and the Apex Group in the past seven years, so in this episode, she shares how she's used the power of being a commercially creative marketer to establish marketing's role as a critical function in the company.
- Apex Group's acquisition journey (1:50)
- Rosie 7 years ago vs. Rosie now (3:30)
- Apex's go-to-market and funnel structure (5:00)
- How Rosie thinks about measuring brand (11:56)
- How Rosie stays sane (15:08)
- Influenced vs. sourced marketing pipeline (17:49)
- How Apex measures content's influence on pipeline (20:41)
- How to encourage sales teams to adopt new technologies (24:03)
- How Rosie communicates to the CEO (25:45)
- The importance of financial sponsors (28:30)
- Rosie's take on American culture (32:24)